UK WIDE ONLINE COUNSELLING SERVICE
Helping You Overcome Life’s Difficulties
Events in your life may have left you disheartened. Maybe you have lost somebody or have experienced a breakdown of your relationship. Maybe you have found yourself in a job that is taking more of your confidence than it is giving you. Maybe you are just not happy with how you view yourself.
Within psychotherapeutic counselling, I can help you explore your wants and needs and where your difficulties lie. As everybody is individual, I tailor the therapy to suit each person.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor, offering a range of mediums for you to explore your inner world. I am very interested in the stories we tell ourselves about who we are in the world, exploring the early messages received and unravelling blind spots. The early messages you received started writing your story, before you knew anything about it.
All these messages remain in the subconscious, alike to water in the depths of a well, being the foundation of the feelings that surface above, without much awareness. These messages are powerful, with more awareness there can be transformation.
I am interested in exploring inner worlds and being with individuals as they open doors to new perspectives on themselves. Through working with you to understand your developing story. You can be as creative as you want, exploring dreams and using creative mediums or for those who prefer, we can simply talk through your feelings and difficulties.
I have counselled those from many walks of life, ages and cultural backgrounds. It is never too early or too late to look into how to live more closely with your authentic wants and needs.
About Ruby Aujla
My name is Ruby Aujla. I am a fully qualified Clinical Psychotherapist registered with the UKCP. I have trained at the Northern Guild of Psychotherapy. Due to current Social Distancing requirements I am running sessions through video-call, phone call and through meeting for walks within Jesmond green areas and Northumberland beaches. I am also able to see a minimum of individuals face to face within therapy rooms in Northumberland and Jesmond.
My Areas of Experience
Having worked within the Social Sector since I was 19, followed by working between specialised mental health services and NHS hospitals, I have gained a wide variety of experience. These areas include and are not limited to:
- Experience working with clients who are extremely shy, anxious and agoraphobic. It can feel scary to get started but maybe give this a go?
- Offering emotional support to those with borderline personality, feelings of depression, social anxiety and low self-esteem.
- Counselling individuals who struggled with anorexia, bulimia and with those who struggled with emotional eating and self image.
- Addictions, having counselled individuals who became addicted to medication, alcohol, drugs and sex.
- Individuals who have experienced hate for being themselves, including exclusion for being alternative, racism, homophobia, transphobia .
- Couples counselling, including untangling repetitive patterns of conflict, navigating the aftermath of affairs, exploring the uncertainty of staying.
- Exploring how individual attachment styles have impacted past relationships, in the hope to gain insight for current or future relationships.
- Developing boundaries within relationships, within friendships and with family members, through learning to recognise and respect feelings.
- Working with change, age and life transitions, leaving workplaces, looking at future direction, meaning and purpose.
- Sexuality and gender identity, exploring living and loving as your authentic self.
- Cultural conflict, working through finding ones own values, between varying cultural expectations.
- Anger management, identifying triggers and ways to be less reactionary, whilst exploring the roots of the anger.
- Strengthening a sense of self, identifying personal wants, hopes and needs.
Our bodies experience pain and tension and require self-care and looking after ourselves emotionally is just as important. Psychotherapeutic counselling can offer you a place to explore your emotional world, gain insight into yourself and explore how to live a life that is more true to your authentic self. I believe that psychotherapeutic counselling can be of benefit to absolutely everybody!
I can offer free 30minute phone consultations. I welcome you to either text, phone or email me and we can arrange an initial consultation or an half fee introductory 1hour session in which you can learn if my style of working can work for you. I aim to be somebody who you can relax and be yourself with as this is key for your progressing in counselling therapy.
65 per individual session.
75 per couples session.
Concessions can be considered within the initial session.
I welcome you to contact me on my email [email protected] or drop me a text / call me on 07562063608.
I look forward to hearing from you.