UK WIDE ONLINE COUNSELLING SERVICE
Helping You Overcome Life’s Difficulties
Events in your life may have left you disheartened. Maybe you have lost somebody or have experienced a breakdown of your relationship. Maybe you have found yourself in a job that is taking more of your confidence than it is giving you. Maybe you are just not happy with how you view yourself.
Within psychotherapeutic counselling, I can help you explore your wants and needs and where your difficulties lie. As everybody is individual, I tailor the therapy to suit each person.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor, offering a range of mediums for you to explore your inner world. I am very interested in the stories we tell ourselves about who we are in the world, exploring the early messages received and unravelling blind spots. The early messages you received started writing your story, before you knew anything about it.
All these messages remain in the subconscious, alike to water in the depths of a well, being the foundation of the feelings that surface above, without much awareness. These messages are powerful, with more awareness there can be transformation.
I am interested in exploring inner worlds and being with individuals as they open doors to new perspectives on themselves, through working with you to understand your own story. We can do this creatively, exploring dreams and using creative techniques or we can simply talk through your feelings and difficulties.
I have counselled those from many walks of life, ages and cultural backgrounds. It is never too early or too late to look into how to live more closely with your authentic wants and needs.
About Ruby Aujla
Hello and Welcome!
My name is Ruby Aujla. With over twelve years of Counseling experience. I run a Private Practice within Newcastle Upon Tyne. I am a fully qualified Clinical Psychotherapist registered with the UKCP having trained at the Northern Guild of Psychotherapy within Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
My Areas of Experience
Having worked within the Social Sector since I was 19, followed by working between specialised mental health services and NHS hospitals, I have gained a wide variety of experience. These areas include and are not limited to:
- Experience working with clients who are extremely shy, anxious and agoraphobic. It can feel scary to get started but maybe give this a go?
- Offering emotional support to those with borderline personality, feelings of depression, social anxiety and low self-esteem.
- Counselling individuals who struggled with anorexia, bulimia and with those who struggled with emotional eating and self image.
- Addictions, having counselled individuals who became addicted to medication, alcohol, drugs and sex.
- Individuals who have experienced hate for being themselves, including exclusion for being alternative, racism, homophobia, transphobia .
- Couples counselling, including untangling repetitive patterns of conflict, navigating the aftermath of affairs, exploring the uncertainty of staying.
- Exploring how individual attachment styles have impacted past relationships, in the hope to gain insight for current or future relationships.
- Developing boundaries within relationships, within friendships and with family members, through learning to recognise and respect feelings.
- Working with change, age and life transitions, leaving workplaces, looking at future direction, meaning and purpose.
- Sexuality and gender identity, exploring living and loving as your authentic self.
- Cultural conflict, working through finding ones own values, between varying cultural expectations.
- Anger management, identifying triggers and ways to be less reactionary, whilst exploring the roots of the anger.
- Strengthening a sense of self, identifying personal wants, hopes and needs.
Our bodies experience pain and tension and require self-care and looking after ourselves emotionally is just as important. Psychotherapeutic counselling can offer you a place to explore your emotional world, gain insight into yourself and explore how to live a life that is more true to your authentic wants and needs. I believe that psychotherapeutic counselling can be of benefit to absolutely everybody at any stage of their lives.
As well as being highly beneficial to de-tangle life struggles Psychotherapy can help you understand how to live life with more purpose & meaning.
I can offer a free 30minute no obligation phone consultation or an half fee introductory 1hour session in person or through video-call. I aim to be somebody who you can relax and be yourself with as this will be key for your progress in counselling therapy.
My fees are:
65 per individual session.
75 per couples session.
Concessions can be considered within the initial session.
I welcome you to contact me on my email [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you.